Tuesday 17 September 2013

Game of thrones (my favorite piece of media)




My favorite piece of media is the TV show, Game of thrones. I watch so many TV shows that they all start to feel the same, but game of thrones stands out from the rest. When this show was recommended to me by some friends, I was not sure about it. However, it is very well written and produced and the fantasy elements drew me in. It is based off of the book series (which are also really good). It uses real landscapes as opposed to cheap CGI, which makes the whole thing seem more real. It is unique as it focuses on many characters, there are no 'main' characters. The story line is very complex and it takes a while to get used to what is happening, but each episode is really exciting and always ends on a scene that leaves you wanting to know what happens next. Each season usually concludes just after a really tragic event, but it always ends on a cliffhanger.  I would recommend it to people who like the fantasy genre (films like Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit and games like Oblivion and Skyrim).

No comments:

Post a Comment